Subject: Re: trees
From: [email-masked] (Steven Davis)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 94 8:56:48 CDT

3D Studio has a neat IPAS routine that generates Trees and forests, the objects
are huge though :(, some trees take up more than 7Mb each!  Maybe I`ll create
one and upload it to 'tomahawk' as a 3DS file, which you can read into
Lightwave.

The forest setting works in the same way as described by someone else here
using two polygons crossing each other and using an opacity map.

> Can someone give me some ideas on modeling trees, has anyone been succesfull?
> I've tried spheres with transparency maps, clip maps, both alright, but
> nothing awesome. does anyone know if there is an arexx script, for
> "growing" a tree/forest?
> 
> There has to be an easier way!
> 
> _Sergio Rosas
> 

-- 
 ==============================================================================
   Steve Davis                             Email : [email-masked]
   Senior Software Engineer                Phone : (852) 5931646 (Direct)
   Intergraph Graphics Systems                     (852) 5931600
   Hong Kong                               Fax   : (852) 8020781
 ==============================================================================